Many fruits and vegetables are tagged as superfoods because they contain a high level of antioxidants, substances that prevent the onset of diseases and help maintain the fountain of youth. It is no wonder why there are many cranberry supplements available on the market today. They are available in many forms, such as cranberry gummies supplement, pills, and syrup.
Why should you consider including it in your daily health routine?
- Cranberries contain powerful substances known to be beneficial for health and wellness, such as vitamin C, triterpenoids, catechin, flavonoids, proanthocyanidins, and anthocyanidins.
- Cranberry has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, anti-fungal, and anti-adherence properties.
- Cranberry is beneficial for bladder health. If you tend to get bladder infections more often, then you have to consider taking cranberry supplements. It has the ability to inhibit the growth of bacteria, especially adherence of bad bacteria to the bladder wall, thereby reducing the possibility of developing UTI.
- It gives you optimum protection from stomach ulcers – The onset of H. pylori, which is an ulcer-causing bacteria, can be prevented by including cranberries in your daily health routine. Aside from preventing the formation of stomach ulcers, cranberries also have antiproliferative effects against cancers such as lymphoma, prostate, bladder, stomach, colon, esophagus, and glioblastoma.
- Cranberries have antibacterial effects – The cranberry-antibiotic combinations cause severe damage to bad bacteria. In fact, it is more effective than antibiotics alone. Antibiotics have a synergistic effect when combined with cranberry supplements. It enhances the effect of the antibiotic, thereby improving the patient’s overall condition.
- It helps in preventing visible signs of aging – The high level of antioxidants in cranberries can help delay visible signs of aging such as premature wrinkling and sagging of the skin. What antioxidants do is neutralize free radicals, substances that cause ill effects to the body, especially during the aging process.