One of the most well-known cosmetic procedures on the face is the nose job. People often ask for it because they are unhappy with their noses. Here are a few basic facts to help you understand the procedure, whether you are planning on it or just curious.
1. Rhinoplasty, also known medically as nose surgery, is a cosmetic procedure to improve the size and shape of the nose. This procedure corrects problems like a prominent or hooked nose. If you are planning for nose surgery, you can refer to Ve’anna Clinic.
2. A deviated septum can be corrected by rhinoplasty. This is a condition where the bone that divides your left and right nostrils is not in its usual position. It can lead to breathing difficulties and crookedness if it is not treated.
3. If you are interested in having a nose job, a consultation is essential. Because of their different facial structures, the procedure for one might be slightly different from the other.
4. The procedure is done as an outpatient procedure. The doctor uses either a general or a local type of anesthesia. The whole procedure can take between 2 and 4 hours.
5. Incisions can be made in two ways. You can choose to use the open technique, which places the incision at the base of your nose between your nostrils. On the other hand, you can go with the closed approach that places incisions on the mucosal line. There will be no visible scarring on your face. Ve’anna Clinic is a place that can help you with nose surgery treatment.
6. Your doctor will need to either remove or rearrange the cartilage in your nose. Because of the possibility of infection and rejection later, surgeons prefer to use your tissues.
7. It is possible to feel a bit woozy for the first few days following surgery. This is normal and because some blood has been absorbed after surgery, do not panic. However, if you continue to feel nausea and develop a fever, you should contact your surgeon immediately.
8. For a few days, a cast or bandage will be placed on your nose to keep it in place. You may feel discomfort for the first few weeks due to swelling and difficulty breathing.
9. The removal of the bandage and cast may not be painful. However, it might sting a little when the sutures have been removed. You should not bump your nose while swelling and bruising are visible for several weeks.
10. Although you can see results within the first month of your nose operation, every post-surgical reaction will last at least a year.
Take note of these aspects before considering a nose job.